5 Steps to Success
While success can be defined in many ways, the truth is; everyone wants it. To some, success would mean moving to a bigger home or getting promotion, while to others it would be about building wealth. However way you define it, it is better and easily achievable through a clear plan. When you dare to dream about something you believe in and set goals in that direction, a powerful shift will certainly happen.
Once the set goals are achieved, you can be sure of heightened levels of confidence, a sense of accomplishment, and the desire to keep trending the path of success. There are rules to be followed though, just like is the case in the 11 steps to archery success. It is no secret of attraction, but here are sure steps to help you meet your success.
1. Identify Goals with a Great Positive Impact
The reason most people are not successful is because they are pulled in too many directions not sure which goal to settle for. You need to prioritize your goals based on the impact they bring in your career, family life, health, and more. Dani Johnson in her book First Steps to Success describes how she overcame obstacles to become the successful multi-millionaire she is today. In her book, Dani has inspired thousands to scale their businesses, get promotions, improve their relationships, and more. You might want to implement the skills given to overcome the obstacles preventing you from reaching success. The best way to implement this is by not being afraid of competition − if there are other people trying to reach the same goal as you, it doesn’t mean you should give up. Competition should inspire you to keep doing your best.
2. It is Never about Personal Motivation
Accomplishing goals in life is not always about finding things that motivate you. This is because motivation is mostly about whims and feelings. You will never achieve if all there is internal desire. With intrinsic motivation, there are times you do not want to take action on your internal desire. Why not set a system and follow it no matter what happens. First, identify about 3 things you love to do, all of which must be related to your primary goal. The problem with many people is that they are not able to say no to distractions. You need to concentrate fully on your goal. Here is what you need to do to reach your goal:
- Get support: You can hardly reach success alone. A strong support system is needed to make it easier for you. Get a mentor, read motivational books such as The Literature Review: Six Steps to Success available in pdf, and join inspirational platforms such as Steps to Success Brookline.
- Practice: You need to build manpower to reach your goals. It takes effort, time, and commitment.
- Take control: Staying intrinsically motivated can be challenging especially when there is no influence over the outcome. You only need to look for a way of taking an active role.
3. Learn from Successful People
No matter how adventurous you are, you still need directions from people who have already achieved such as Dani Johnson. How did they do it? What are the basic steps they followed and finally found their way to the top? Most literature reviews highlight similar traits of successful people including:
- Reliance on other people who have been successful
- Well formulated plans and purpose
- Discipline of saving money
- Giving priority to transparent communication
- The ability to make decisions based on facts
There are successful people all around you. You only need to talk to several of them and identify a mentor. Pay attention to the traits that make them successful and cultivate on them.
4. Develop a Growth Mindset
There are 2 mindsets that influence how people view themselves including the growth and the fixed mindset. The fixated mindset believes that things cannot be changed and are static. Such people believe that success is not a result of hard work but coincidence and luck. They believe that success also results from talent, in which the successful are born with. As a result, they give up easily and don’t face challenges. When things do not come easily, they give up almost immediately believing they lack internal ability to excel.
The growth mindset on the other hand is always ready to explore, grow, and learn. Such people believe they are capable of achieving anything they put their minds to. When the situation gets tough, they look for different ways of approaching it until success is achieved. Things you can do to build the growth mindset include:
- Believe in your efforts: People who have a growth mindset do not focus on what cannot be achieved. They invest in effort and hard work believing that the two will somehow lead to growth.
- Be open to new skills: Challenges inspire the growth mindset to look for different ways of approaching a task. Such people will do all they can to triumph.
- Failures should be viewed as a learning experience: Growth mindset tells you to view failures as a reflection of oncoming success. People with the growth mindset view failure as a valuable source of learning.
5. Build your Mental Thoughts
- Try harder: You need to believe in yourself first and put off all negative self-talk. Even when setbacks hold you back, soldier on and focus on your goal. A successful person looks at failures as a stepping stone to success.
- Set Goals: You cannot succeed without setting goals which are attainable. They may not be easy to reach, but at least there is something to aim for. It is the only way to go through the hurdles that come your way.